Parents, Teachers and Friends Association
Find out what the Parents, Teachers and Friends Association do and how you can get involved.
A little bit about us
Ashleworth CE Primary School has an active PTFA group. The committee is made up of many parents and a few friends! All are welcome to take as much of a part as they want to – there is no pressure to attend every meeting nor to take on lots of additional work.We are very grateful for your support. Currently the committee is made up of:
Michelle Chamberlayne - Chair and Secretary
Christine Morris - Treasurer
We would love to welcome new parents and friends. If you would like to find out more, please just ask one of the parents listed above.
When do we meet?
We try to meet quarterly or more frequently if we have an event such as the Christmas party or a community event coming up. Meeting dates are published in the school newsletter and we also spread the word amongst parents nearer the time.We try to alternate meeting times between days and evenings as we are aware of work commitments.
What activities have we been involved with?
- Christmas Fayre – guess the weight of the cake, win a hamper, crafts, lucky dip, reindeer food, name the elf.
- Beetle Drive – this was a fun activity solely for the benefit of the children held after school with snacks and refreshments for everyone.
- Ashleworth Show – every year, the PTFA organise an event and run the bottle tombola stall.
- Discos/Balls/Themed nights – once a year we hold an event at the Village Hall, where we provide a home-cooked meal and entertainment and dancing and hope to raise over £1500.
- Other activities – the PTFA funds all the school leavers presents; provide funding for mini-bus to enable the children to attend swimming lessons; funded transport for the educational trips; run door to door carol singing and the children’s Christmas party; fund the playground safety check; operate the lottery bonus ball, and help generate funds through art projects such as personalised tote bags.
- Open Days - we are there to meet with new parents who may have questions.
We meet with the School team each term so we can share ideas of how to best use the funds we have raised for the school and the children’s benefit.
A big thank you
We want to take this opportunity to thank all of the committee, the School staff and all the members of our local community who give their time and support us so generously. We couldn’t do what we do without you all. Thank you.