Our School Day
Please bring your child to school and leave them from 8.35am, our school day begins at 8.50am.
The children will have a morning break where they may choose to have milk (via coolmilk form) or water and bring in their own healthy snack.
Lunchtime is from 12.15pm until 1.15pm, where children may choose to bring a packed lunch, order hot meals, or go home.
Our school day finishes at 3.20pm where the children will be brought out to you and are not able to leave without a designated adult.
Please ensure you let us know if your child will be picked up early or by another adult.
The children’s learning
We follow the new foundation guidance when planning for our reception children. This will follow on smoothly for those children who have already attended pre-school or nursery. The children learn through child initiated tasks and will be supported and encouraged to explore other curriculum areas using our knowledge about their interests. Their learning should be fun and exciting and mainly play based.
The teachers and support staff will use observations of your child and how they access the curriculum. They will be encouraged to take their learning outdoors as well as inside the class room (whatever the weather!) Some ways in which you can support at home are:
- Talk to them as much as possible,
- Read or tell stories together,
- Share books,
- Watch suitable television programmes and discuss them,
- Play games together,
- Play counting games and rhymes,
- Talk about what colour and size objects are,
- Cook with them,
- Let them draw, scribble and colour with lots of different implements,
- Have fun outdoors,
- Build with anything you can find (big or small)
- Cutting and sticking objects